Sunday 16 February 2020

"Discovering the unseen"-- A-level project


"Discovering the unseen"-- A-level project 

Studying A-level Art has invariably enhanced my artistic skills and inspired me to look at things anew—I have always been curious with the versatility of Hong Kong architecture, especially its ability to overcome and utilise the strict limitations on space. I have developed a serious interest in exploring how lighting and space affect perceptions of a place. Therefore, my art coursework is built around the theme of “Discovering the unseen”. I relish making observations and analysis of even ordinary aspects in our daily lives in order to open up my mind to new ideas for inspirations. For example, I created a variety of different sized cubes and models using mesh metal, a seemingly uninspiring mass-produced material. Having experimented with their structure and lighting, I photographed and highlighted creative responses generated through the shadows, perspectives and negative spaces. I am fascinated by the intellectual fervour of understanding characteristics of mesh as a material and the creativity applied to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment